Sunday, June 28, 2009

Camping Trip

Right now I am sitting in my comfy bed with the air turned way down...ahhh...nothing like sleeping in a tent in June to make you appreciate your air conditioned home!! That's right people...the Watts fam went camping. It was 105 that day but after we set up the tent..it was smooth sailing. We learned a few things that we want to do differently next time...like Kenny and I both can't fit on a twin size air mattress...not even sideways...:) Camping is a fun family activity though...and after the initial purchasing of equipment it is a relatively inexpensive outing as well. I am really looking forward to trying it again in the fall..for more than one night too. It really is too much work for just one night.

Also, we just finished up our week at VBS. The theme was StudioGo and we had about 200 children attend! Avery absolutely loved every minute of it! Well with the exception of her melt down on Tuesday. She did not want the game at game time to have ANY rules... Her independence just reiterated to me that she is sooo ready for school. I worked Games outside for 2 days and played paparazzi the rest of the week. I put together a slideshow of about 250 pics for the big family night at the end of VBS. It totally made me realize how much I miss teaching.

In addition to camping this weekend...I went on a date!! We managed to plan out our next 12 years or so. It is a lot of fun to look ahead that far. We figured out Avery will graduate in 2022. A couple of surprises in store for the future as well. We will reveal them when we can...but I am excited! Soo, here are a few pics from our week.














No comments: